December 30, 2023
In This Issue
- New Year’s Resolutions.
- What Caught My Attention This Week
- Channel 1 previews the future of news broadcasting, and its implications.
- Microsoft admits that AI will displace jobs and it’s working with US labor unions to address the impact.
- Eminent US cardiologist Eric Topol shows how AI is beating cardiologists and radiologists at diagnosing illness from almost invisible clues.
- Terence Tao, prodigy professor of Mathematics at UCLA, believes AI could help mathematicians discover new theorems.
- The Way We Work Now
- A group of artists uses MusicGen, an AI trained by Meta, to create an entire album in 24 hours.
- How Do You Feel?
- The head of the UK judiciary is not too happy with the growing use of AI among judges.
- Putting Lipstick on a Pig
- It turns out that Presto Automation is using human labor instead of AI to process 70% of fast-food drive-thru orders.
You need a paid membership to read this content.